Junior Social Media Specialist
Join the Smaller Earth family as a Junior Social Media Specialist
Salary: £20,000 pro-rata
Type: Part-time, 2 days per week
Contract Start Date: May 3rd 2022
Contract End Date: May 3rd 2023
Location: Liverpool, UK.
The Junior Social Media Specialist will be responsible for creating and publishing content on all social media platforms across multiple accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
They will work closely with our Senior Creative and Digital Content Producer to create engaging on-brand content to grow our following and keep our audience coming back for more.
As a Junior role, they will have the opportunity to develop their skills and experience in a fulfilling and friendly work environment, getting guidance and support from the wider marketing team.
To keep our content authentic they will have direct experience of one of our programs such as Camp Leaders or Camp Canada or have taken part in a similar work and travel abroad program.
- Develop creative and engaging social media content
- Manage the day-to-day of all social media channels
- Use social scheduling tools to plan content ahead of time
- Create engaging multimedia content (and/or outsource this effectively) across multiple platforms
- Develop, launch and manage social competitions
- Form relationships with social media influencers
- Carry out audience research
- Manage social media communities by responding to comments and encouraging discussions
- Monitor, analyse and report on performance on social media platforms using analytics tools
- Research and evaluate the latest trends
- Analyse competitor activity
- An understanding and knowledge of what makes successfully engaging social content, across key social platforms.
- Copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform
- Knowledge and understanding of social algorithms
- Creative skills for generating ideas
- Presenting on camera for vlogs and live steams
- Strong communication and people skills
- Excellent team working, collaboration and networking skills
- Project management
- The ability to work well under pressure in order to meet deadlines
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Experience growing and managing social media accounts for a personal project or brand
- Direct experience of work and travel/cultural exchange programs such as Camp Leaders
About Smaller Earth
Join a group of people all over the world who are actively working to make a difference - by connecting and inspiring people through cultural exchange. We're on the lookout for dedicated, committed individuals who believe in cultural exchange and want to make a difference. Whatever your background, the people we hire are committed to inspiring people to go further.
Modern office space: Located on the iconic Docks in Liverpool city centre, we've got a prime city office location with scenic views.
Work-life balance: You'll have flexible working hours and a place in our relaxed workspace here at Avenue HQ.
Macbook. You'll get your own Macbook, giving you the freedom to work from the office and at home.
Ready to apply?
If you'd like to apply for the role, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and cover letter. If successful, you'll be contacted by one of the team.