Share Your Stories
With the World.
Become a Smaller Earth Creator
We’re looking to expand our creative community around the world, so we’re now accepting applications from talented contributors. If you have something to say, we’ll amplify it to the rest of the world on our website. You can be based anywhere in the world, and be a valuable part of our global community.
Be a digital storyteller.
Who We're Looking For
We're keeping an eye out for talented travel writers:
- Live anywhere around the world
- Have been on Smaller Earth programs or similar cultural exchange programs.
- Are experienced world travellers.
- Have a portfolio or sample of creative work they've done in the past.
- Are willing to create a piece of content as part of the application process.
In the future we'll also be looking for photographers, videographers and other creative individuals.
What We're Looking For
We’re looking for genuine, original content that highlights the benefits of travel and inspires people to go further. Smaller Earth content is recognizable because it:
- Is positive, honest, and insightful.
- Tells an interesting story about a travel experience, activity, landmark, resource, etc.
- Contains helpful information about what to expect from transit, accommodation, restaurants/food, etc in a destination.
- Contains good visual content wherever possible.
Working With Us Means
How it Works
Briefs will be sent to writers on a regular basis, where they can be accepted. We can not guarantee the number of briefs available, or the consistency of them throughout the year. Alternatively, you can submit ideas or suggestions of your own for consideration.
A brief will consist of a topic and/or headline, along with relevant keywords that we would like to feature in content.
Word count should be in the region of 800 - 1200 words, however, we are more focused on the quality of content and storytelling, rather than an exact word count. It should also follow the guidelines listed in the Smaller Earth Content Guide.
Once you're on board, you'll be able to create content that inspires you, and have it featured in the Smaller Earth Travel Guides section.
If you're interested in becoming a Smaller Earth Creator, apply below.