Let's keep this simple; we're going to set you up with guaranteed job interviews prior to your departure with the top resort employers in New Zealand. You'll land yourself a ski season job earning $15+ an hour during the Kiwi Winter season and be living it up in Queenstown.
When you're not working at the resort you can find time to explore and discover the adventure capital of the world. Impress your friends by going bungee jumping, water-skiing, caving, jet-boating, skydiving, surfing and hiking. Discover the famous vineyards and eateries and at the end of the each day chill out with a cold one in your hand with your new found friends.
New Zealand has one of the best lifestyles in the world and a climate to match. Where you'll be living is full of rugged mountains, majestic lakes, beautiful forestry, crystal clear water and sandy beaches. You've heard about it, you've talked about it, now go discover it for yourself.
The cherry on top? Our Smaller Earth office is based in Queenstown so we're at the heart of the action. We know the locals, we are the locals and we know the town like the back of our hand.
Liverpool Hiring Fair
London Hiring Fair
This is your opportunity to meet New Zealand employers face to face before you depart the UK. We're taking the un-known out of the equation and setting up the hiring fairs with Kiwi employers who want to meet and hire you on the spot.
Attending the Hiring fair will give you the comfort of landing in New Zealand with an amazing paid job waiting for you.
To be eligible for this programme and for a guaranteed interview, you'll need to ensure you meet the following criteria:
- Aged 18-30
- Be available from June 1st for at least 3+ months
- Have previous work experience
- Have a positive, can-do attitude
- Have a clean criminal background
- Have no pre-existing medical conditions
Your actual start date may vary depending on the job role you're hired for and the employer that hires you.
How it Works
The Application Process
To get started, simply complete an online application. We want to about you - including your previous work experience and what skills you can bring to a New Zealand employer. You'll need to have previous work experience in one or more of the following areas/job roles in order to be accepted on to the programme:
- Ski Patrollers
- Snow Makers
- Chair Lift Operators
- Snow Groomer Operators
- Rental Technicians
- Line Cooks
- Kitchen Hand/Dishwasher
- Bar Server
We're not always looking for qualifications, but the more experience you have, the more desirable you are to hire. You'll need to be available for at least 3 months so that you can work right the way through the NZ Winter which falls between the months of June and August. Sometimes the snow lingers thorugh into September, so ideally you'd need to be availble for as long as possible to finish the season.
Once your application is complete, one of our awesome team will be in touch to run through your profile and the programme in a little more detail. Then simply pay your £49 deposit and get going with your required documents; these include:
- Self-declaration medical form
- At least one professional reference
- Copy of your passport
- Guaranteed job interview with a New Zealand employer*
- Airport pick up
- Three night hostel stay with breakfast
- Visa application support
- Guidance with obtaining your IRD (this is your unique tax number that you need to get paid!)
- Bank account appointment booked for your arrival
- Accommodation Guide
- Big Night Out Voucher
What’s Not Included?
- Working Holiday Visa ($208 NZD)
- Living expenses
Perks of the Job
- Free season pass for the three ski fields
- Free shuttle bus to the mountain
- Discounted food & drink
New Zealand Employers
The New Zealand Winter typically falls between the months of June to August. We're working with NZSKI and the three main ski fields based on the South Island; The Remarkables, Coronet Peak and Mt Hutt.
Check out our video on How to Apply for your New Zealand Working Holiday Visa!
To be eligible for the visa you must:
- A valid passport
- Be between 18 and 30 years old
- Hold a return ticket, or have sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- Have a minimum of $350 NZD per month of your intended stay available to meet your living costs whilst you're there
- Meet the health & character requirements
- Not have been approved a visa permit under a New Zealand working holiday scheme before
A few things to know about your Working Holiday Visa
- You can only take up temporary employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work permit whilst you're there)
- You can only work for a period of 12 months or 23 months
- You can enroll in one or more courses of training or study of up to six months duration in total during your visit