Kia Ora and welcome to New Zealand, the world's best little country!
So what’s great about New Zealand? Well perhaps it’s the sandy beaches, rainforests, the famous All Blacks, bungee jumping, skiing and snowboarding, hiking, Maori culture, Hobbits, vibrant party scene or… you get the picture!
Attracting over 1.9 million young visitors each year, this little corner of the world has it all. World-renowned for its adventure, New Zealand is home to a huge choice of adrenaline-based activities in its great outdoors so if you love to ski, sail, hike, snowboard or bungee jump...it’s the place for you.
Smaller Earth established the Kiwi and Kiwi programme at our office based in downtown Queenstown, home of all things adventure. Being right in the thick of the action means we're in the ideal spot to help you get your working holiday off to a great start.
- Farm work
- Fruit picking
- Access to our Vacancies Board in New Zealand
- Airport pick up
- Two night hostel stay with breakfast
Visa application support
- Guidance with obtaining your IRD (This is your unique tax number that you need to get paid!)
- Bank account appointment booked for your arrival
- Orientation in Queenstown
- Accommodation Guide
- Big Night Out Voucher
What’s Not Included?
- International flights
- Working Holiday Visa ($208 NZD)
- Living expenses
- Accommodation after your first 2 nights
- Your Insurance
Need to Know
To be eligible for the working holiday visa you must:
- Usually be permanently living in your country of residence - this means you can be temporarily visiting another country when you submit your application
- Have a passport that's valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand
- Be at least 18 and not more than 30 years old
- Not bring children with you
- Hold a return ticket, or have sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket
- Have a minimum of $350 NZD per month of your intended stay available to meet your living costs whilst you're there
- Meet the health & character requirements
- Be going to New Zealand to holiday, with work or study being secondary intentions for your visit
- Not have been approved a visa permit under a New Zealand working holiday scheme before
A few things to know about your Working Holiday Visa
- You can only take up temporary employment (unless you apply for and are granted an ordinary work permit whilst you're there)
- You can only work for a period of 12 months or 23 months
- You can enroll in one or more courses of training or study of up to six months duration in total during your visit