Thank you for using Smaller Earth or visiting one of our websites/mobile apps.
In order to communicate with you and provide services, Smaller Earth will handle your personal data. If you have any questions or would like to exercise your data rights provided by the UK and EU General Data Protection Regulation such as data access, rectification and erasure please contact via the contact information in this policy.
Please pay attention to the fact that:
- if you apply to any of the Smaller Earth programs at our partner offices (e.g. Camp Leaders, Camp Canada, Resort Leaders, Adventure China),
- if you participate in events organised by Smaller Earth partner offices,
- if you contract us to participate in Smaller Earth programs,
the Data Controller is always Smaller Earth Group Ltd.
For this reason, we ask you to contact us for all related data handling questions, regardless where you have signed your contract.The Data Controller is Smaller Earth Group Limited, Address: Avenue Hq, 17 Mann Island, Liverpool, England, L3 1BP Company number: 06586570
If you apply to a Smaller Earth program we will ask for a range of personal information often including sensitive personal information. To keep this information safe we regularly train our employees and partners on data security and privacy. Our technology systems are protected through strong authentication methods and employees can only access data that is necessary to carry out their job role. All of our partners strictly use data only for the purposes we define and operate under strong contractual obligations regarding privacy and GDPR compatible data handling.
Your personal data is processed when:
- you contact us
- participate in our presentations
- you enter into a contract with us
- you complete a reference for a Smaller Earth participant
- you are listed as an emergency contact for a Smaller Earth participant
- you subscribe to an email newsletter
- you visit our website and/or app
- you visit an official Smaller Earth social media profile
- you provide feedback and/or a customer review
- you participate in a competition, giveaway or award
- you are a hosting party, representatives of clients, host employer or partner of hosting organisations
- you apply for a full time, part time or contract based position at Smaller Earth, including internships and work experience
This policy will explain why we process the data listed above, how we store the data and who it is shared with.
Your rights regarding your personal data
You can contact us to ask if we store or process any of your personal data, if so, you have a right to access, rectification and erasure. You can also object to the processing of your personal data and ask for a copy in electronic form. To read more about your rights please refer to EU and UK GDPR Article 12-21.
If you have any questions, requests or issues regarding data processing please contact our Data Protection Officer:
E-mail address: email@example.com
If you are a registered user, you can also initiate the data request and data deletion in your online profile via the settings section.I
f you have an issue regarding your personal data we kindly ask you to contact us, and our team will do their utmost to solve your query.
If necessary, you can lodge a complaint at the relevant data protection authorities.
Your local authority is:ICO - Information Commissioner's Office - https://ico.org.uk
You can also initiate a legal process at your local Regional Court or at the Regional Court in the location of the Data Controller.
EU representative for data protection cases
The EU representative of Smaller Earth Group Limited for contact with authorities and other data protection related requests is:
Campleaders Hungary Kft.
1051 Budapest, Vigyázó Ferenc utca 4. 3/1. HUNGARY